Another classic from my Grandmama.
This is a recipe that she makes anytime we come for a visit and there is not a scrap of food left at the end of the meal.
SUPER SIMPLE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups cooked ham (I buy a large cooked ham because the ham salad the next day is wonderful!)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups white rice (Cook according to directions)
- 2 cans cream of asparagus soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup half & half (or milk)
- pepper to taste
Dice up ham and then slice, dice and chop up your onion and garlic.
Melt butter in a skillet and add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is wilted looking.
In a large bowl, mix together all your ingredients.
Spread this out in a large 9×13 baking dish. Place it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
This is another recipe that my 4 children dig into and ask for seconds every time.