There are some rules that go along with this award and since this is my very first award I will follow a couple of those rules.
Seven things about myself… wow, that is actually harder than I thought.
- Ever since the Marine MudRun last October, I have been obsessed with 5K runs and getting ready for the next MudRun in April.
- I hate wearing make-up but find I get strange stares being a 38 year old woman without face paint so I do put it on once or twice a week grudgingly.
- I bite my nails and have ever since I can remember. It is a nervous habit and if you see me doing it, I am stressing about something insignificant.
- I love to play any kind of sport when given the opportunity (that’s why I coach) but I hate watching sports on tv.
- I worked really hard and put myself through college to earn an education degree but only taught 2 years. I’m still paying back that loan but wouldn’t trade that time for anything. I also have no desire to go back to a full time job in the classroom now that I found my love of photography and cooking.
- When people ask how many children I have, I automatically tell them 4 but in my heart I say 6. Our twin girls died soon after they were born back in 2000 and they will forever be the children in my heart until I’m in heaven too.
- This blog, my photography, and my cooking have given me a creative outlet that I had no idea I needed.
Who inspires me…. not so hard to do this one! Check out these awesome bloggers!
- http://teamharman.wordpress.com/ – I was nominated by teamharman who has been encouraging me since almost the beginning. Check out her blog and all that is going on with her family in the UK. Thank you for finding me first and knowing there is someone just like me across the big pond!
- http://snappyspeak.com/ - I have only been following snappy~speak for a short time but have fallen in love with her photography. She thinks deeply about her photgraphs and share them with us.
- http://shutterbugsage.com/ – Another lady I haven’t been following long but love her photography. She has posts that are entitled “One Thing, Three Ways” that I love. She will choose one subject and take photographs 3 different ways. I love her different persepectives!
- http://walkairs.wordpress.com/ - This blog just makes me smile. You really have to see it to believe it but each photograph has them “airwalking”. It is such an original and fun idea!
- http://bestof2sisters.com/ – One of my favorites is this blog from to sisters. One lives with her family in Norway while the other lives with hers in Dubai. They share their life moments as well as their quiet thoughts and favorite recipes. They are both wonderful photographers and have challenged the perspective I take in my pictures.
- http://sethsnap.com/ - Great nature photographer. He captures everything from sunrise to sunset and all the lovelies in between.
- http://rpdpod.wordpress.com/ - Another wonderful photographer whose attention to detail challenges me. Some of my favorites are the macrophotography!
- http://h2obyjoanna.wordpress.com/ - I just happened on this blogger and have followed ever since. Each day her photography centers around water in one form or the other. Very creative!
- http://storiesfromhome.wordpress.com/ - StoriesFromHome is a recent love of mine. He has a new puppy who has been featured in many of his photographs. I love, love, love his nature photographs in black and white! So amazing!
- http://badsphotoblog.wordpress.com/ - Incredible nature photography that also has an eye for the details. Absolutely beautiful!!!
- http://urbanwallart.wordpress.com/ - Visit this site to just see it, because it can not be explained. He hand cuts stencils and then paints them onto canvasses. Truly a unique aristist!!
- http://leannecolephotography.com/ - She is a talented Australian photographer that I have been following for quite some time. What I love are her little mini lessons that she frequently posts using her photography.
- http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ - This woman is the Ace of Adventure. There is nothing she won’t try and no dream she won’t plan on attaining when it comes to travel and adventure. I have been living vicariously through her knowing that is not my thing but loving that she is out there living this absolutely incredible life.
- http://allesistgut.wordpress.com/ - A woman’s look from where she lives in Norway. Beautiful photography of a beautiful country. Right now she is in Iceland and the pictures are stunning!
- http://hikingphoto.com/ - Last but not at all least is Canadian Hiking Photography. He travels around taking these incredible pictures and then gives you directions on how to get there so you can see it yourself. Oh, how I wish I could go!